Have you been invited to a wedding shower and you’re lost about what you should take with you? Do you have a close friend who’s getting married soon and you’re wondering what to get for the couple?
Getting wedding gifts for people can be quite overwhelming, especially with the millions of options you have on the internet.
It becomes even more complicated when you have no idea what the couple would appreciate. Some couples make it easier by having a wedding registry that contains all the things they would like to be gifted while some couples let the guests decide what to give them.
A wedding shower is a pre-wedding event that is held for the couple. It differs from the conventional bridal shower as it involves both the bride and groom as opposed to a bridal shower. However, they mean the same and the terms have been used interchangeably over the years.
One of the main reasons people have wedding or bridal showers is to receive gifts from their friends and family. The wedding shower is traditionally planned by the close friends of the couple, usually the bridal party. It can be planned as a surprise or with the knowledge of the couple.
Do I Need to Bring a Gift to a Wedding Shower?
Technically, yes you do. The shower is an avenue for couples to receive gifts from their guests. Showing up without a gift might defeat the purpose of the party.
You can give gifts like household items, practical gifts, or personal items for both bride and groom.
What Type of Gifts are appropriate for a Wedding Shower?
In years past, couples were often saddled with wedding gifts that they do not necessarily want or need. Sometimes, a couple can have more than one of the same items gifted by multiple people.
So, in modern times, most couples publish a wedding registry which is a list of the things they need or want to be gifted. This makes it easier for guests to just check something off the registry and give it to the couple.
That way, the couple gets what they actually need and are not saddled with many of the same items. Sadly, not all couples have adopted this method, so you might still have to figure out on your own what to give them.
What you give to your intending couple depends on who they are and what they may need at the time. For instance, If they just moved into a new apartment, it’s practical to give them home appliances, kitchen utensils, home furniture, etc.
If the couples have the same hobby like photography, you can give them a camera. You may have to make a guess as to what the couple may like.
In this article, you’ll find seventeen gift ideas that the bride and groom will totally love.
Wedding Shower Gift Ideas Your Couple Will Love
1. Yes, Money. You can never go wrong with giving money as a gift. This gives the couple carte-blanche to do what they really want with the money. If you want to be traditional, you can put the cash in a sealed envelope and present it to the couple.
How much cash you give to the couple totally depends on your budget and relationship with them. You might want to go a little higher if you have a close personal relationship with them.
2. Gift cards. These are the cashless equivalent of money. You can give the couple gift cards to their favorite store where they can shop and get the things they would actually want. You can get an amazon Egift card here.
3. Calphalon Nonstick Cookware Set, 8 Pc. This eight-piece quality cookware contains different sizes of frying and saucepans. It is strong, durable, and able to withstand the daily struggles of the kitchen. This set is ideal for couples who are moving into a new place. It will also be helpful if one or both partners have culinary skills. It sells for $399.99 on amazon.
4. Kate & Milo ‘The Story of Us’ Wedding Collage Picture Frame. This picture frame is a great gift for your couple to celebrate milestones in their relationship. It is a white rectangular frame that will take four pictures which have been captioned ‘Date Night’, ‘The Proposal’, ‘Mr and Mrs’ and, ‘Honeymoon’ in that order. The frames come with two attached mounts to help with attachment to the wall. You can find it for $24.99 on amazon.
5. Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Maker Help the couple improve their brunch game with one of the best Waffle makers out there. It is made of stainless steel and has non-stick properties, preventing the waffles from getting burnt, and also making the appliance easy to clean. It also has an inbuilt thermostat for regulating temperature and indicator lights that tell you when the waffle is done. This waffle maker goes for $29.92 on Amazon, so you do not have to break the bank to get it.
6. Ninja AF101 Air Fryer, 4 Qt Air fryers are the healthier alternatives to oil frying. They are fryers that only require a very little amount of oil to fry your chicken or chips. It reduces the amount of fat you consume, keeping your heart healthy and strong without having to give away the food you love. So if your couple is particular about their health, or their diet, this will be a perfect gift that says you want them to stay healthy and live longer. This air fryer sells for $89.99 on amazon.
7. All-Clad Stainless Steel BBQ Tool Cookware Set, 4-Piece. This barbecue set is a must-have for couples who love having barbecue. The set contains a boar’s head brush, a slitter Turner, locking tongs and a two-pronged fork. The tools are made with extra long handles to prevent people from getting too close to the heat. It comes with a storage case that is made of metal to protect the tools. All tools are dishwasher-friendly for easy cleaning. It goes for $99.99 on amazon.
8. KitchenAid KFC0516BM 5 Cup Whisking Accessory Food Chopper This multipurpose kitchen appliance will help you in mixing, chopping, whisking, whipping your food in about thirty seconds. It is a perfect choice for couples who like making sauces, dips, purees etc. It has a drizzle basin that lets you incorporate liquid ingredients while the main food processor is in use. This Food Chopper can also be washed safely in the dishwasher. You can find it on Amazon for $59.99.
9. DELUXY Mr and Mrs Aprons For Happy Couple. We’ve found the saying that ‘couples that cook together, stay together’ to be true, especially when they’re cooking in this lovey-dovey apron set. If your bride and groom are a cheesy and romantic couple, you should get this set for them. Apron material is made from 50% polyester and 50% cotton. The apron comes with a recipe book containing over fifty recipes for a romantic dinner. It goes for $39.99 on amazon.
10. Wall Mounted Wine Rack – Bottle & Glass Holder a personalized wine rack for couples to store their bottles of wine on. This wine rack is mounted on the wall and has a glass holder at the bottom that can hold up to four long-stemmed wine glasses. It is quite easy to install and can be mounted in the kitchen or dining room.
11. Gevi Espresso Machine 15 Bar Coffee Machine with Foaming Milk Frother Wand Everyone needs their dose of coffee before they can fully function. This will be a life-saving gift for the bride and groom. This elegant coffee machine is made of stainless steel and it is perfect for making Espressos, cappuccino, latte, mocha, etc. Only 7g of coffee powder is required to give you that richly flavored cup of coffee. It goes for $109.99 on amazon.
12. Quany Life Mr Mrs Jewelry Ring Dish Ceramic Trinket Tray On those occasions where the couple will have to take off their wedding ring, a ring dish will come in handy. This wedding ring dish is made of ceramics with two compartments having ‘Mr’ and ‘Mrs’ inscribed on each compartment. You can find the wedding ring dish for $15.99 on amazon.
13. Fujifilm Instax Wide 300 Instant Film Camera A portable camera is a useful gift for the bride and groom as they can easily document their memories starting from their Honeymoon. It has close-up lenses for taking great selfies and a flashlight to use in low light areas.
14. Plane Tickets to their Honeymoon Destination: if your couple is planning to have a honeymoon getaway after the wedding, you can get them plane tickets to their destination which will be financial ease to them. But, you have to first be certain they haven’t already booked their flight and gotten their ticket.
15. Just Married: A Cookbook for Newlyweds. This is the perfect book to help newlyweds fall in love with cooking. It contains over a hundred recipes for mainly two people so they’ll not have to deal with leftovers after cooking. The book contains recipes that cut across breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts and side dishes. You can get a copy for $35.00 on amazon
16. Classy Bride’s Matching Pajamas for Couples – Hubs 2021 Pajamas This couple pajamas is a must-have for newlyweds. It contains 100% cotton tee with ‘Hubs Est. 2021’ or ‘Wife Est. 2021’ printed on it, along with matching flannel pants. The pants come with double-sided pockets and a drawstring waist for a better fit. This pajama set is comfortable and perfect to lounge around in. It sells on amazon from $52.00 depending on the size.
17. Riedel Veritas Coupe Glasses, Set of 2 You can gift these unique glasses to the bride and groom to help them set up their barware collection. The glass shape is unique, and it gives off a traditional appeal. They can be used for cocktails, Manhattans, gimlets, etc.https://amzn.to/2YYsJNX
How Much is Too Much to Spend on a Bridal Shower Gift?
Now, no one wants to max out their credit cards buying gifts for a wedding that’s not even theirs. How much you spend should depend largely on your budget and how much you can comfortably spend. If you really want to ‘wow’ the couple with your gift, you can start saving a couple of months before the wedding.
You can get gifts ranging from simple cutleries to an all-expense-paid honeymoon trip to the city of love. However, the traditional wedding school of thought says your gift has to cover the cost of either your food or drink at the wedding.
When it comes to getting gifts for the bride and groom, one of the things to consider is if the couple will like it or if it’s something the couple needs.
If your couple does not have a wedding registry, you can pick any gift ideas from the list above. They are guaranteed to love them.